Stainless Steel Welding St. Louis
Welding stainless steel is more complicated than welding other metals. However, using the right equipment, managing the temperature, and getting the suitable filler material can create a strong and durable weld.
If you have a job requiring stainless steel welding, call Pinnacle Metal Works & Contracting. With more than 10 years of experience, we specialize in stainless steel welding services. We provide mobile, onsite welding services to save you time and money. We take great pride in our work and are eager to work on your next welding project.
Stainless Steel Welding
Welding stainless steel involves several steps and considerations to ensure a successful and high-quality weld. Here is a general overview of the process:
- Choose the appropriate welding method: Stainless steel can be welded using various ways, including TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding, MIG (Metal Inert Gas) welding, stick welding, and others. The method we choose will depend on the specific application and the thickness of the material.
- Clean the surfaces: Stainless steel must be thoroughly cleaned and free of contaminants before welding. We use a stainless steel wire brush or grinding wheel to remove rust, dirt, or oil.
- Choose the suitable filler material: The material used for welding stainless steel must be compatible with the base metal. Typically, a filler wire with a higher nickel content is used to help prevent cracking and corrosion.
- Set up the welding equipment: We set up the welding equipment according to the welding method’s specifications. We ensure that the welder is set to the appropriate amperage and voltage.
- Weld the joint: When welding stainless steel, it is essential to use a steady and consistent motion to maintain a constant distance between the electrode and the workpiece. We pay close attention to the color of the metal as it is being welded, as discoloration can indicate overheating or other issues.
- Post-weld cleaning: After the weld, the joint should be cleaned and polished to remove any discoloration or residue. This helps ensure that the weld is strong, durable, and corrosion-resistant.
Overall, welding stainless steel requires careful attention to detail and a thorough understanding of the specific welding method being used.
Some of our stainless steel welding services include:
Mobile Welding Services
Do you have a project that’s too large or can’t be moved? Our mobile welding services are available during regular business hours and after hours for emergency repairs.
Welding Services in St. Louis
When you need a company to handle your welding and metal fabrication needs, contact Pinnacle Metal Works & Contracting. With more than 10 years of experience, we specialize in stainless steel welding services. We have experience welding for various commercial and residential projects. We take great pride in our work and are eager to work on your next welding project.